Gas Indian Clay Oven
This product must be installed by a Licensed Plumber or Gas Fitter when Installed anywhere in Canada/USA.
The Mainra Trader Gas-fired tandoor is equipped with a 1/2 – inch NPT female gas connection, located on the front side the unit. Anchor points for the restraining means are provided on the front side of the tandoor Gas Indian Clay Oven.
The Marina Traders Gas-fired tandoor clay oven must be installed under an appropriate NFPA 96 approved exhaust hood. Refer to local and/or national codes for hood specification requirements. The hood must be designed for the removal of the combustion products of gas, as well as the cooking vapors related to the intended use of the oven.
Gas Code Limitations
The installation of this appliance must conform with local codes, or in the absence of Local codes, with the National Fuel Gas Code, ANSI Z223.1, The Natural Gas installation Code is CAN/CGA-B149. The appliance and its individual shutoff valve (supplied by others) must be disconnected. From the gas supply piping system during any pressure testing of that system at test pressures In excess of 1/2 psi The appliance must be isolated from the gas supply piping system by closing its Individual manual shutoff valve (supplied by others) during any pressure testing of the gas supply piping system at test pressure, equal to or less than 1/2 psi.
This Appliance Is Not For Use With Solid Fuel
Use of solid fuel will void the warranty.
Gas Code Limitations
The installation of this appliance must conform with local codes, or in the absence of Local codes, with the National Fuel Gas Code, ANSI Z 83.11B CSA 1.8B-2009.
The appliance and its individual shut-off valve (supplied by others) must be disconnected from the gas supply piping system during any pressure testing of that system at test pressures in excess of 1/2 psi (3.5 WC ).
The appliance must be isolated from the gas supply piping system by closing its individual manual shutoff valve (supplied by others) during any pressure testing of the gas supply piping system at test pressure, equal to or less than 1/2 psi (3.5 IN WC ).
Tandoor Indian Clay Oven Installation and Operation Manual
This appliance is equipped with casters; it must be installed with the casters supplied, a Connector complying with ANSI Z21.69 or CAN/CGA 1-6.9 and a quick disconnect device complying with ANSI Z21.41
IMPORTANT: The gas supply to this appliance should be equipped with an individual appliance shutoff valve that is capable of completely isolating the appliance from the main gas supply. This valve should be installed in such a manner as to be readily accessible to the operator of the appliance. The Mainra Traders Gas-fired tandoor is equipped with a 1/2 – inch NPT female gas connection located rear side of the unit.
The Burner Rating NG is rated for 100,000 Btu Natural Gas input at a 7-14″ W.C. The 3.5 in WC manifold pressure. The PURGE TIME MIN. 5 MINUTES.
PILOT LIGHTING PROCEDURE
It is recommended that the Tandoor’s main burner control knob (on FRONT of unit) be turned to the OFF position when attempting to light the pilot flame.
- Turn the gas control knob on the safety valve to the PILOT position.
- Push down on the knob and light the pilot immediately by pressing the red button of the Safety Value. Press the Red Botton of the Safety Value for one Minute until a pilot flame is established. Hold the knob down for one minute after lighting the pilot.
- Release the gas control knob; the pilot flame should continue to burn. If the pilot flame does not remain lit, turn the gas control valve to the OFF position, wait 5 minutes, and then repeat the steps above.
- Use the control knob on front of the tan door to control the height of the cooking flame less than medium heat for cooking the good foods and longer life of the pilot light. It should never use on full heat for longer and better life of the unit as well as the pilot light.
First time the tandoor Indian oven is fired, the heating up process should be very slow and steady. Hold the burner at a very low flame for at least four hours before gradually increasing the flame less than medium heat for four hours. It is important to note that no oil or marinating material should be used before the firing up process or during the life of the Tandoor. This is what differentiates the Mainra Traders Tandoor from other Tandoors in the market is that it allows you to start using the Tandoor after 8 hours on the same day as firing it up. The method used to prepare this Tandoor allows it to have a much longer life.
DAILY OPERATION CLEANING
Debris that falls into the tandoor oven will accumulate near around bottom of the burner under the unit.It should be checked periodically daily and emptied as necessary. Any accumulation of food/naan on the floor base of the unit can be removed before operating the tandoor. The stainless cabinet of the unit should be cleaned as necessary, using a mild detergent and a nonabrasive scouring pad. The mouth of the unit should not be fully covered with provided Lid of the Tandoor; instead, it should be only partially covered (less than half of the mouth) for good tasting food and long life of the Tandoor & Pilot life as Gas Tandoor need cross Ventilations air.
- In the event that the equipment is improperly installed. Proper installation is the responsibility of the installer; proper installation procedures are prescribed by the Mainra Traders installation manual.
- In the event the equipment is improperly maintained. Proper maintenance is the responsibility of the user; proper maintenance procedures are prescribed in the Mainra Traders installation manual.
- In the event that the failure or malfunction of the appliance or any part thereof is caused by abnormal use or is otherwise not attributable to defect in material or manufacture.
- In the event that the appliance, by whatever cause, has been materially altered from the condition in which it left the factory. In the event that the rating plate has been removed, altered or obliterated.
- On parts that would be normally worn or replaced under normal conditions.
- Six Months warranty for any manufacturing defects. If the oven is cracked like an earthquake crack, the oven will be replaced immediately. Six month gas parts replacement warranty. If anybody having some problems for the spare parts we will shipped without charges same day though UPS/Courier at your doors Indian Clay Oven Tandoor is built with a pure clay (India Pure Matte ),